The training session, held online on 16 June 2021, focused on the MaaS concept with a link to the SUMP topic guide “Mobility As A Service (MaaS) and Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning”.
It explained the MaaS framework, outlined its challenges, and provided a range of transferrable case studies and recommendations.
Welcome, objectives, round of the table (trainers and trainees), Tito Stefanelli, TRT
First session. Introduction, context, setting the scene:
- Introduction to the MaaS4Eu concept, frameworks and tools related to: business / end users and customers / technology and data / policies, Akrivi Kiousi, Intrasoft International
- Challenges, lessons learnt and recommendations, Maria Kamargianni, UCL - London
Second session. Inspirational case studies and best practices:
- The Budapest Pilot implementation: the main steps toward the implementation of the MaaS ecosystem, Domokos Esztergár-Kiss, Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME)
- The Luxembourg Pilot implementation: what are the challenges?, Babis Ipektsidis, Intrasoft International
Third session. Hands-on exercise and final wrap-up:
- Introduction to the group work exercise, Stefano Borgato, TRT and Maria Kamargianni, UCL
- Hands-on exercise in small groups (breakout rooms): barriers and drivers for the implementation of a MaaS system in your city; planning, involvement of stakeholders and decision making, all
- Plenary discussion on the group work, rapporteurs from each group
- Wrap-up and conclusions, Tito Stefanelli, TRT
The training session is available to view on the Eltis Mobility portal YouTube channel.