The theme of the 2022 European Parking Association (EPA) Congress and Exhibition is “The EU Green Deal and the Future of Parking – Integrated solutions for Dynamic Urban Management”.
It is a multidisciplinary event involving operators in the parking industry, national and local public administrations, representatives of European Commissions and Projects, experts in the field of mobility, urban logistics, electrical mobility, the data world, ITS, Apps and much more. It will examine the overall parking and urban mobility situation in Europe and highlight parking solutions for sustainable mobility, exploring how parking can contribute to the reduction of congestion, pollution and improve accessibility.
The EPA Congress, taking place on 12-14 September 2022, is a scientific conference alongside a trade exhibition for the parking and mobility industry. Previous events have attracted over 500 delegates, 50 top-level national and international speakers and 70 exhibitors from 32 countries worldwide.
The European Parking Association (EPA) was founded in 1983 and is the umbrella organisation for European parking associations. The national member parking associations represent private companies and public bodies in the parking sector that operate and manage on- and off-street parking structures and services. In the last 10-15 years many European cities have outlined strategies to improve the functional organisation of their central urban areas. The notion that efficient integrated parking systems can contribute to a sustainable balance of the modal split and to the improvement in the quality of urban living has begun to be perceived and appreciated. The essential results are:
- optimising the on- and off- street parking supplies;
- increasing the use of public or alternative transport systems;
- optimising urban public spaces and the implementation of pedestrian areas;
- promoting new sustainable transport modes;
- introducing sustainable environmental solutions reducing parking search traffic;
- building and transforming parking infrastructures using the project financing instruments;
- intensifying and consolidating commercial and touristic activities;
- increasing real estate values;
- making available real-time information for planning and city users;
- improving the overall quality and accessibility of urban centres.
Mobility systems contemplating integrated parking solutions based on a scientific approach can contribute to the success of urban renewal and the upgrade of schemes to reduce congestion, increase available public spaces whilst at the same time ensuring sustainable access.
For more information, see here.
To reserve a place, see here.